Primary School PE and Sport Funding
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
What are we spending the money on at Crane Park?
Uses for the funding include:
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new clubs
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- providing cover to release teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buying quality assured professional development planning modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- buying specialist equipment to set up new sports clubs
- bringing in specialists to deliver sessions to children and train EYFS staff